Connecting the physical and virtual world
Pebl is an IoT gateway - which acts as an intermediary to auxiliary sensors - in a modest, IP67-rated package.
Pebl is a central control hub, acting as a bolt-on to existing applications. With Pebl, you get an end-to-end IoT solution that is easy to use, and cost effective. The hardware, software, and API are ready to go.
Available packaged or integrated, so you can tailor Pebl to your use case.
- No setup fees
- No technical knowledge required
- Secure communications with end-to-end encryption
Who is Pebl for?
Pebl is for everyone. From enthusiasts, to enterprise and educators.
Are you an allergy sufferer, and want to monitor air quality?
- Wire a project board with an air quality sensor
- Connect a packaged Pebl
- Poll the sensor output
You could pair this with a dehumidifer or air purifier, and measure the difference in air quality.
Talking to Pebl
Pebl has four GPIO (general-purpose input/output) pins, and two data bus pins that can be swapped between the UART and I2C protocols.
You can send POST requests to the Fingoti API, or the Pebl’s onboard server.
Pebl also supports WebSockets and MQTT.
When you use the Fingoti infrastructure to communicate with Pebl, you use Ripples. When you make a request to Pebl, and receive a response, that’s a single Ripple.
You get 1000 free Ripples with every new account!
Communicating with Pebl over a local network, or with your own infrastructure, is always free of charge.
- Contains a 32-bit processor, clocked at 160MHz. Capable of handling all of your tasks.
- Communicates up to fifty metres on the 2.4 GHz band. Supports WPA2-TKIP, WPA2-AES, WPA and WEP. Complies to the 802.11 b/g/n standards.
- Accepts 3V to 16V input, and 5V output (with voltage smoothing). Draw up to 25mA from each GPIO pin.
- Interface via I2C (Inter-Integrated Circuit), UART (Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter), MQTT, HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol), and WS (WebSockets).
- IP-67 Rating
- Dust-tight and protected against the effects of temporary immersion in water.